Most homeowners dread the task of having to clean their gutters each and every year. They hate having to pull the ladder out and spend precious weekend hours cleaning out the gunk from their system. For this reason, many fail to complete this important task leaving their gutters “for another time.” While this may work for the short term, the long term results can be devastating for the home.
Here are some of the dangers of clogged gutters:
- Water overflow can leak into the home’s base causing foundational problems and basement flooding.
- An excessive amount of water in any one area can wash out landscaping.
- Too much moisture can lead to rotting doors, windows and siding.
- A clogged gutter can be excessively heavy weighing 5-10 times its weight. This puts enormous strain on the fascia causing the gutters to separate from it.
- When winter arrives, clogged gutters can lead to ice damming and icy sidewalks or driveways as the water pools then freezes.
Custom Installations offers a number of gutter services for homeowners throughout the North Chicagoland and Metro Milwaukee area as well as Southern Wisconsin and Northwestern Indiana. We not only provide quality gutter installations and repairs but also one of our more popular services – a gutter tune-up. A gutter tune-up can be a great way to get your system in peak performance before the fall and winter seasons arrive. Rather than going through the hassle of having to do it yourself hire a professional to do the job.
Choose the expert team at Custom Installations. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.