One of the most costly mistakes we see our customers at Custom Installations make is waiting too long to have their roof replaced. Whether for budgetary reasons or time constraints some homeowners simply don’t get their roof fixed when it needs to be. While it may seem like a right decision for the short-term, waiting to fix the roof only leads to more problems down the road.
Here are five reasons why you shouldn’t wait to get your roof done:
- Additional Home Damage – Waiting too long to have a roof replaced leaves your home in an extremely vulnerable position.Rain and snow can harm those very areas your roof was built to protect. What lies beneath the roof becomes exposed to the elements causing further damage.
- Insurance Claims Can’t Wait – If your home was damaged during a storm or other natural disaster, most insurance policies will cover the roof repairs. Often though homeowners procrastinate on contacting a repair team to assess the damage and never open a claim. Insurance companies have specific rules on how long you have to submit your repair costs. Don’t delay on securing your coverage.
- Beauty of the Home – Ever notice a home with peeling, brittle shingles? The condition of the roof has a direct impact on the attractiveness of the home. Having a well-maintained roof makes your home look beautiful adding to its curb appeal.
- Avoiding Costly Mistakes – Most homeowners put off repairing or replacing their roof because they believe they simply cannot afford to. Unfortunately what they fail to realize is that they actually can’t afford not to. Delaying major repairs only increases your costs down the road as the damages become larger and the repair work more substantial.
- Increased Property Value – A home that is structurally sound and in good condition is more valuable than one in need of repairs. A new roof can increase the value of the property while also making it more attractive to future buyers should you decide to sell.
Not only is replacing your roof in a timely fashion important, so is hiring the right professional contractor for the job. For those in the Naperville area, that expert partner is Custom Installations. Not only are we certified and licensed to work on your home, we also offer the quality and service you are looking for. Trust your home to Naperville’s leading exterior contractor – the team at Custom Installations. Schedule your in-home visit today!